PRIVATE EVENTS COORDINATOR
BROOKLYN GRANGE ROOFTOP FARM
Locations: BROOKLYN NAVY YARD, SUNSET PARK BROOKLYN, and LIC, QUEENS
Job Type: FULL TIME, SALARIED
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Brooklyn Grange is seeking a sales-oriented and client-focused individual to manage private events for our rooftop farm venues in Brooklyn, NY and Queens, NY. The Private Events Coordinator will report to the Director of Events, and will be responsible for the sales and coordination of a unique variety of events for a diverse clientele. They will be expected to build and maintain strong rapports and trusting relationships with vendors, partner organizations, and clients, and hospitably enforce the farm's policies without negatively affecting client and vendor relationships.
Candidates should be confident, quick thinkers, able to sustain the brisk pace of work at Brooklyn Grange. The Coordinator will be expected to keep up with the consistent stream of incoming inquiries while simultaneously attending to the needs and logistics of already-booked events. This will often mean proactively problem-solving details of event execution by anticipating and planning for possible scenarios that may impact a given event.
The ideal Coordinator will be able to balance financial and mission-driven goals, with an eye not only on maintaining strong margins and growing departmental revenue, while also keeping community and environmental initiatives close at hand. They will act as a "brand ambassador" for the farm, tying in Brooklyn Grange's unwavering commitment to ecological sustainability with a client's specific vision. Above all, candidates should demonstrate a passion for creating world-class, unforgettable experiences for our guests.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Brooklyn Grange is the world's largest green roof farming business. We grow vegetables, keep bees, and host events on two roofs in LIC, Queens, and in the Brooklyn Navy Yard, respectively, and are bringing a third site online in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. We also design and install green roofs, gardens, and farms for clients ranging from private homes to corporate headquarters to low-income housing facilities. All three of our departments--our Farming division, our Events program, and the Design and Installation arm--are part of our close-knit "farmily," so working with Brooklyn Grange means working alongside a diverse team of extraordinary and knowledgeable individuals who share a common goal of making their city a greener, more sustainable and delicious place to live.
We are looking for dedicated individuals who are interested in committing to a full time job, 40 hours a week, with a varying schedule throughout the season. Weekend availability for site visits will be required, as will some evening events work.
Manage incoming events inquiries in a timely and gracious fashion
Lead site visits with potential and existing clients
Create event contracts, proposals and invoices for new clients
Apply for appropriate event related permits and licenses
Book private workshops and coordinate with workshop instructors
Receive event related deliveries, including rentals
Collaborate with Marketing team
Work on the floor at events when needed as well as setup and breakdown
Lead farm tours if needed
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
· Possesses superlative written and oral communication skills; has the ability to say no without using the word "no."
· Engaging, positive, friendly, welcoming, and passionate about creating unforgettable experiences for our clients and guests
· Energetic, ambitious, and hardworking
· Believes being on time means being five minutes early
· Organized, able to multitask and prioritize workload
· Able to work independently and be very self-motivated, while also meshing well with a team
· Comfortable working outdoors in any weather
· Excellent problem solver and flexible thinker
· Demonstrates a passion for sustainability and the natural world
· Organized and competent project manager
· Proficient in MS Office, GSuite, and Quickbooks
· Squarespace proficiency a plus
WHAT WE'RE OFFERING:
● A progressive work environment as part of a small team
● Salary Commensurate with Experience
● Paid Time Off
● Health Insurance Reimbursement Account (HRA)
● Matching contributions to Simple IRA retirement fund
● Discounts to Brooklyn Grange events and workshops
● Email: email@example.com with the subject line “Private Events Coordinator”
● Include a cover letter, resume and your salary requirement
● Applications will be accepted until the position is filled
Brooklyn Grange is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating a diverse and multicultural team. We consider all individuals for employment without regard to race, religion, age, sex, gender, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, sexual orientation, familial status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
We strongly encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds.